We love to sing, we love to play, and we love the music from the early 60s. We started with classics like “Stand By Me” and “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” Then we added songs by composers and artists influenced by the Brill Building Sound, like “You Really Got a Hold on Me” (Smokey Robinson), “Don’t Worry Baby” (Brian Wilson), “All I’ve Got to Do” (Lennon and McCartney), and “California Dreamin'” (John and Michelle Phillips) .
About the members:
- Sheryl Altman sings and plays percussion. In addition to her singing career, Sheryl is a recovering corporate lawyer and yoga teacher.
- Curtis Poole sings and plays guitar. He’s a media man and moonlighting songster.
- John Verrilli sings and plays guitar too. John is a longtime musician and enjoys making music with others and for others.
- Leni Webber sings and plays the keys and vocals. Prior to joining The Brill Project she was in a blues band and enjoys all kinds of music. When not playing music she loves aqua sports and working out at the Newton YMCA.
We all live in the Greater Boston area.
The Brill Project is available to perform with:
- Cabaret shows about Brill Building songwriters and performers
- Sets that go beyond the Brill Building songs
- Performances especially for senior residences
Contact us to learn more.